Property Insurance in UK

Property insurance in UK is a form of insurance coverage that provides cover for the loss of your possessions, including your home and personal belongings. It’s also known as “home insurance” or “household contents.”

Home insurance provides cover against the cost of repairing or replacing your building if it suffers damage or loss through fire or theft. You’ll also be covered if someone steals your possessions from inside your home.

Property insurance in UK covers you for any loss or damage to your property that occurs during the policy period. The policy period can be one month, one year, five years or more.It can also provide cover for personal injury and damage to third-party property caused by an accidental event from the homeowner.

For example, if you’re injured in an accident at work and you’re covered by workplace accident insurance, but this does not include all of your medical costs, then home insurance would be able to help with those bills too.

Types of Property Insurance in UK

The main types of property insurance are:

Contents insurance – this covers contents such as furniture and electronics.

Liability cover – this covers potential injuries to third parties caused by your own negligence or breach of contract.

Commercial cover – this provides additional cover for businesses, including premises and assets.

Popular Companies:

Property insurance in UK is available for purchase at a number of companies, including Lloyds of London, Allianz Global Assistance, Direct Line and John Lewis. However, the most popular form of property insurance in UK is from the UK Government’s own agency called the Home Office.

Private dwelling policy (PDP):

Private dwelling policy (PDP) – this is similar to home contents insurance but it also includes other buildings on the same plot as your main home like sheds, garages and outhouses. It also covers any vehicles parked on your drive if they’re stolen while they’re there.